Thursday, July 7, 2011

Grown Up BLT

There's nothing like a BLT. The saltiness of the bacon, the sweetness of the tomato, and the freshness of the lettuce blend in perfect harmony. Tonight I made a quick BLT for myself for dinner, and without even meaning to, I classed it up quite a bit. Behold, an open face BLT for grownups!



  • 1 piece of whole grain toast (I actually used a "sandwich thin")
  • Garlic thyme aioli (mayo + minced garlic + lemon thyme from my garden
  • 2 pieces peppered thick cut (local!) bacon
  • arugula leaves
  • 1 sweet yellow tomato, thinly sliced
  • sea salt (tomatoes need salt to bring out their sweetness) and black pepper
Assemble ingredients in the order they are listed and enjoy! This could obviously be a regular sandwich and not open-face, but I had enough filling for two sandwiches but only one sandwich thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment