Saturday, June 4, 2011

Garlic and Chive Fritatta, and Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns
I'm sure I did something against someone's hashbrown religion here, but all I did was put a few spuds in my food processer to shred them, then I tossed them with S&P, garlic powder, and a few herbs I can't remember anymore, and then browned them in a fry pan with 1TBSP of canola oil. They were super crispy, and more like a giant potato pancake than typical hashbrowns, but I loved them. l.o.v.e.d.


Garlic and Chive Fritatta
Fritattas are so easy-- you just sautee your "mix-ins" (garlic and chive in this case) in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes, then pour some beaten eggs over it. After the eggs are cooked on the bottom you throw it under the broiler for a few more minutes to brown the top. It takes just a few minutes, you never have to worry about the egg sticking to the pan, and usually they are very healthy and filling.  I think I added some parmesan and milk to my eggs (I can't remember-- it was like two months ago), which makes the eggs extra fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment