Saturday, June 4, 2011

Warm tomato, olive, and chickpea salad

A month ago (or more- who knows, I am so behind), I made a quick dinner for myself that was inspired by a warm olive salsa that I saw someone making on food network. They were putting it on fish, but I just added a bunch of other stuff and ate it like a salad. It was a decent meal, but nothing I feel strongly about making again-- mostly I just enjoy how pretty it was!



Warm tomato, olive, and chickpea salad
  • 2 TBSP olive oil
  • 1/2 vidalia onion, diced
  • 3 small garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 can chick peas, drained and well-rinsed
  • 1/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, rough chopped
  • 3 small vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped (it was about a cup I'd say)
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • zest and juice of half a lemon
  • 1/4 rough chopped parsley, plus a handful for garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment