Saturday, June 4, 2011

Marinated Pork Chops and Roasted Asparagus

***This post is probably a month overdue, which is too bad since it was one of Tim's favorite meals ever. I will have to repeat this marinade!

Pork Chops
  • 2 boneless 4 oz pork chops
  • 2 TBSP soy sauce
  • 2TBSP olive oil
  • 2 TBSP Worcestershire
  • garlic powder (I would have used fresh garlic, but when I got it out, I realized it was so old that it was sprouting new garlic.... which led me to wonder, can I plant that bad boy in my garden? Probably not.)
Put chops and marinade ingredients into a zip lock. Mash it all up and throw it into the fridge for up to 8 hours (the longer the better). When you're ready, take the chops out and grill-- or if you are like me and your grill runs out of gas after 2 minutes, put under the broiler.

I did the asparagus (fresh from the farmers' market) the same way I usually do-- olive oil, salt, pepper.

This meal took a whopping ten minutes to prepare, and it was great. The salty briney marinade on the pork really tenderized it. I actually cooked the pork and the asparagus on the same pan under the broiler, so they juices all mixed together and flavored the veggies too-- yum! This would be a fantastic weeknight dinner since it was so easy-- and a side of minute rice or a quick salad would balance it out! (Since we just had bruschetta, we didn't need anything else).

No comments:

Post a Comment