Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chocolate (yep, chocolate) banana bread

I am not really sure what inspired me to start googling chocolate banana bread recipes, but I am certainly thankful I did because I am currently savoring my second slice of pure goodness. I saw a few recipes, but I opted for this one from Evil Shenanigans. I was first drawn to it because it didn't require me to take a trip to the grocery store, but I was also really intrigued by the addition of coffee.

I followed the recipe except I used probably double the cinnamon, and I'm not sure how many bananas I used. Whenever bananas get overripe in my kitchen, I peel them, throw them in a ziplock, and freeze them. The bunch I got out of the freezer tonight I had pre-mashed as well, so I guesstimated that there were three, but it may have been four. Also, either my oven or my loaf pan just does not do the best job sometimes, so I baked it probably twenty minutes longer than suggested.

What turned out was pretty incredible. The edges are crisp (probably because of my extended baking time) but not hard, the inside is incredibly moist, the chocolate is rich but the banana reminds you that you are being "healthy". I think this one is a keeper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment