Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mini-pizzas in a flash

It is hot outside. Legitimately. I spent the day working in the yard and sweating, and the last thing I wanted to do was spend a lot of time in a hot kitchen making dinner. So, I opted for a super easy and quick meal that ended up surprising me with how good it was.

Mini and fast pizzas -- serves 1
  • 1 "sandwich thin". I've been using these instead of bread for my lunches lately and really like them. The whole bun is the same amount of calories as a normal piece of bread, but it tastes the same! Anyway, open up the sandwich thin so you have two little round flats. These will be the pizza crusts. 
  • 1TBSP goat cheese. Spread half on each "crust"
  • Toppings-- I used a few thinly sliced golden tomatoes on one and some baby zucchini on the other.
  • Brush everything with olive oil (probably used less than 1 TBSP total)
  • Sprinkle on parmesan
  • Pop under broiler for 5-6 minutes (until parm is golden)

No comments:

Post a Comment