Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday night fail

Tonight I made Cajun tilapia with a side of lemon scented orzo and broccoli. I still think it sounds like it should taste good, but it just... didn't. The pasta was okay, but could have used even more lemon... or lime actually. The garnishes were nice (cilantro and red onion), but they needed more of that fresh citrus burst. Granted, I am only a few steps away from my kitchen and could easily fix this, but I'm too lazy (fail again!)

For the fish, I just used a mix of Cajun seasoning, dried parsley, black pepper and -- here is the bad part-- salt. I forgot that Cajun seasoning is already salted. I cooked the fish in 1 TBSP of vegetable oil over medium heat. The texture is really nice, but it's just too darn salty. It makes it taste so gross. Next time I will just make my own seasons with cayenne and paprika and control the amount of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment